This post is Sponsored By ALDI
Chicken drumsticks are a family favourite in our house and I am often looking for kid friendly recipes everybody will love. Mexican dishes are also a hit in our house so I thought why not combine the two.
Introducing our One Pot Mexican Chicken Drumsticks all ALDI dish.
8-10 x Willowton Free Range ALDI Chicken Drumsticks
1 x tsp Stonemill dried Coriander
2 x tsp Stonemill dried Oregano
2 x tsp Stonemill Minced Garlic
2 x Cups Chefs Cupboard Chicken Stock
1/2 Cup Imperial Grain Long Grain White Rice
2 x tbs Casa Barelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 x can Remano Olive Oil and Garlic Diced Tomatoes
1 x Can New Season Red Kidney Beans
1 x Mild El Tora Salsa Jar
1 x Small Can New Season Corn Kernals
1 x Medium Sized Onion
1 x Medium Sized Capsicum
A Sprinkle of Westacre Tasty Cheese Grated
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine coriander, oregano, garlic, 1 tbs of olive oil and mix.
- Coat the chicken drumsticks in the herb mixture.
- Using a flame friendly baking dish place 1 tbs of olive oil into the pan and brown either side of the chicken drumsticks in the pan.
- Once drumsticks are brown either side add to the baking dish the sliced onion, capsicum, 1 tin of tomatoes, 1 jar of salsa, 2 cups of chicken stock and mix together.
- Place the baking dish into the oven for 25 minutes then take it out and turn the chicken drumsticks then place back in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Once the drumsticks have cooked for 50 minutes take the dish back out of the oven and add the red kidney beans, 1/2 cup of dry uncooked rice, can of corn kernels and stir.
- Sprinkle with the desired amount of cheese you would like and then place back in the over to cook for a further 30 minutes or until rice is soft.
- Allow to cool and then serve.
To make it that little bit easier you can also follow our video recipe instructions below …