This week’s recipe is quick, delicious and only uses Aldi ingredients!
30g Beautifully Butterfully butter
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 1?2 cups Imperial Grain arborio rice
500g Broad Oak Farms chicken tenderloins, cut into 3cm chunks
300g mushrooms, sliced
1 litre Chefs’ Cupboard chicken stock
1 1?2 cups Market Fare frozen peas
2?3 cup Westacre shredded parmesan cheese
1?3 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Set the rice cooker to ‘cook’ setting.
- Add the butter, onion and garlic and stir until the onion is translucent.
- Add the rice and stir for 1 minute or until translucent. Stir in the chicken, mushrooms and stock and bring to boil.
- Close the lid and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender but still firm to the bite and chicken is cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Turn the rice cooker off.
- Add the peas and cheese and stand until heated through.
- Serve sprinkled with the parsley.
Serves 4 : Prep Time 15mins : Cook Time 20mins