With delicious strawberries and blueberries in season at the moment, this is the perfect recipe for them to accompany!
Thanks to our friends at Aldi, this recipe uses all Aldi ingredients.
1¼ cups White Mill self raising flour
½ teaspoon White Mill bicarbonate of soda
2 tablespoons Merryfield caster sugar
1 Lodge Farms egg, lightly whisked
12/3 cups Farmdale buttermilk
40g Beautifully Butterfully butter, melted,
plus extra for greasing
1 cup of blueberries and strawberries, chopped, plus extra to serve
Milfina vanilla ice cream
Brookdale caramel topping, to serve
- Combine flour, bicarbonate of soda and sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk egg, buttermilk and butter in a jug.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, then stir until just combined (don’t over mix).
- Melt a little of the extra butter in a large frying pan over moderately low heat. To cook pancakes, pour 3 x ¼ cup measures of batter into pan.
- Cook pancakes for 1 minute or until golden underneath and bubbles appear on surface. Turn pancakes, then cook for another minute or until golden.
- Transfer to a heatproof plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter to make 12 pancakes.
- Top the pancakes with ice-cream, the caramel topping, blueberries and chopped strawberries.